DUAL VOCATIONAL TRAINING
Vocational training students who wish to do so can combine studies and work through an annual agreement signed with a company. The student will become a hired worker of the company and both a company tutor and a school tutor will monitor his learning progress. The main characteristics of dual vocational training are as follows:
- The Dual education programme is reflected in an agreement between the training centre, the company and the participating students.
- The training plan is designed by the training centre, in collaboration with the company.
- Dual Vocational Training is mainly aimed at second year students of higher vocational training cycles.
- Work activity lasts for one year and is based on an apprenticeship contract or a grant.
- The student must register in Lanbide and be exempt from the on the job training module.
Advantages of the DUAL model por students
- Signing a work contract The student/apprentice signs an apprenticeship contract, he receives a salary based on the corresponding labour agreement and pays contributions to the Social Security System. Consequently, the apprentice gains financial independence.
- Personal self-assertion The experience in the company means greater responsibility, which translates into higher academic performance and is reflected in attitudes such as dedication, collaboration, commitment, initiative or participation.
- Immersion in the company On the one hand, students acquire a global and comprehensive vision of the company, its organization and operation and on the other, they widen their circle of professional relationships.
- Personalised monitoring Student support is essential, hence the importance of monitoring. Each student has two tutors: one at the company and the other at the MEKA Lanbide Eskola.
Advantages of the DUAL model for companies
Designed for the company
- Studies designed from and for the company, using company-specifics as a starting point to optimise staff training. Totally adapted to different needs: generational shift, creation of new positions, internal promotion, new products, etc.
- The company is actively involved in training the professional to prepare a "made-to-measure" technician fitted to the project. The future technicians are put forward by the company (internal promotion) or selected by the company from a list of prospective students.
- The student gets to know the company as a whole, as well as the tasks to be carried out. In addition, he can alternate different positions within the company, which allows versatility.
- There are no incompatible habits learned in other companies or institutions.
- Better knowledge of the student/worker towards their future evaluation in the structure of the company.
- Reliable personnel selection, avoiding other usual recruitment processes.
- Highly interested and motivated individuals with a positive attitude.